قائد فريق خدمات الدعم Support Services Team Leader | مجلس اللاجئين الدانمركي DRC
|قائد فريق خدمات الدعم Support Services Team Leader | مجلس اللاجئين الدانمركي DRC|
DRC is a private, independent, non-profit organization (NGO), devoted, on the basis of humanitarian principles to securing the Protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promoting long term solutions to the problems of forced displacement. DRC works in the context of conflict-induced displacement of populations and in return and reintegration situations
Job title: Support Services Team Leader
Employment category: M.G.
Reporting to: Area Manager – direct line manager and HoSS - technical line manager
Direct report: Supply Chain, HR/Admin and Finance teams
Application dead line: February, 5 , 2023
Unit/department: Support Services
Travel: 25% to field locations/offices
PurposeThe purpose of the Support Services Team Leader is to coordinate the support functions at Area Office and off-load the Area Manager on support functions. The responsibilities will encompass all the support activities of DRC Gedaref office. This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Overall purpose of the role
- Line management of support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Supply Chain/Logistics/ICT
- Member of the Area Management Team
- Compliance with and adherence to DRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Provide input on operational support to the Area Plan of Action, and coordinate and align operational support with program plans at Area level
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation
- Facilitate, Area Support Budget, including support cost, under supervision of the AM; Ensure effective budgetary control, and adherence to DRC and donor policies and procedures
- Responsible for developing regular reports on Area level to Country Office and AM
- Responsible for implementation of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in Area (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
- Facilitate trainings for programme staff on finance, logistics and HR procedures
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
- Ensure close coordination and maintaining excellent working relationship with local authorities and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure Safety and security of DRC staff, premises and assets in the operational areas.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever the context changes significantly.Advice and support Project Managers and Support Staff in the implementation of support related SOP’s.
- Ensure strong coordination with Khartoum-based support departments and act as the focal point for coordination of support departments between the Country Office and the Area Office.
- Contribute to strengthen the Area level implementation through the dissemination and monitoring of relevant SOPs and procedures.
- Oversee implementation of identified risk mitigation measures, including compliance spot checks in line with anti–corruption risk mapping
- Under the country office and AM’s guidance, ensure compliance with Securing Supporting Documentation (SSD) SOP as well as the existing Country office Data Management System.
- Responsible for support resource allocation on the area level in line with Master Budget and available donor budgets.
- In line with guidelines and under supervision of AM, coordinate and align operational support with program plans at Area level, ensuring procurement plans, HR plans and spending plans for each project are in place and in due time.
- At the direction of the Area Manager and the Head of Support, participate in the investigation of allegations of suspected fraud or misconduct and produce required reports.
- Hold/lead weekly coordination meetings for staff, recording minutes and action points.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a management level.
- Sound knowledge on cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures of INGOs
- Experience of working with DRC’s main donors (UN Agencies, ECHO, SIDA, BHA etc.)
- Full professional proficiency in English.
Education and skills: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Computer skills (including MS Office package)
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic,
- Good command in written and spoken English.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Area Manager DRC
- Program Managers, TLs
- Technical staff and support staff at Area Office
- Head of Programme/Head of Support Services
- HAC, COR, UNHCR and other humanitarian partners
- State and non‑State bodies in Gedaref
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position
How to apply
نعتذر انتهى التقديم لهذه الوظيفة، يمكنك معاينة الوظائف الاخرى من الصفحة الرئيسية