Senior Officer Trade Finance Operations | وظائف بنك قطر الوطني Qatar National Bank
|Senior Officer Trade Finance Operations | وظائف بنك قطر الوطني Qatar National Bank|
Senior Officer Trade Finance Operations
Business Unit:QNB - Sudan
- Established in 1964 as the country’s first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
- QNB Group’s presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
- QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor’s (A), Moody’s (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
- Based on the Group’s consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
- QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events.
- The incumbent will work on Trade Operations (Import, Export Letters of Credit, Guarantees and Bills for collection) outline standards and oversee any Trade Finance Officers to ensure high quality of service to customers on time. The incumbent will be responsible for complying with the International Chamber of Commerce rules and to Bank’s policies and procedures. In addition the incumbent will process Import and Export Letters of Credit in accordance with international rules and regulations in a way that supports the business units and ensures a good working relationship with the Bank’s clients.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all the trade finance activities are conducted strictly with banking credit line granted to the customer, organizing, supervising and directing activities of bills processing, import and export financing, establishment of letter of credit and attends to customer’s inquiries. Also observe all related applications and documents presented by customer are in accordance with the Policy as well as supervise work of all bills staff to ensure all activities of the business unit are carried out in compliance with policies, rules and regulations.
- Assist in meeting units’ budget, controlling costs and achieving targeted levels of processing volumes.
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time, with respect to corporate credit processing.
- Ensure Services of Foreign Trade Operations are delivered in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.\
- To review and check customer’s application and process all completed document on each applicable stage as well as work on dispatching funding request to Funding Section, check repayment advice in order to ensure the transaction of both import and export businesses are processed timely and correctly and comply with both Internal and external (SAFE) policies
- To follow up overdue import/export bills and deal with customers to resolve problems relating to discrepancies spotted on import/export bills
- Ensure consistency in processes, controls and standards for each of the identified areas of work to eliminate all possible risks to bank and the customers.
- Support the Corporate Banking Team efforts to provide efficient and prompt services to our customers in order to increase volume of business and income.
- Liaise with internal and external customers in order to ensure that their needs are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain high professional approach and relations with correspondent banks to ensure maximum co-operation in problem resolution or responses to inquiries.
- Provide technical advice and consultancy services to customers, plan training seminars to the employees of prime customers in order to safeguard our customers against fraud and money laundering transactions.
- Keep abreast of changes and ensure that International Chamber of Commerce Rules practices in Foreign Trade Operations and QNB Policies and Procedures are strictly adhered.
- Evaluate items not covered in the International Chamber of Commerce Rules, and resolve problems depending on expertise and self-judgement.
- Prepare and submit reports to Senior Management to monitor workflow and income.
- Coordinate with QNB Head office to seek timely decisions on all Foreign Trade transactions.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Information Technology
- 5+ years relevant experience in Foreign Trade Operations (Import, Export Letters of Credit, Guarantees and Bills for collection)
- Solid Technical knowledge of all the International Chamber of Commerce Rules, relating to Foreign Trade
- Operations (UCP, ISP, URR, Incoterms, URDG and URC, current revisions)
- Good oral and written communication skills both local and English language
- Effective management skills, initiative analytical skills and marketing capabilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of changing procedures & systems
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
قدم الان لهذه الوظيفة
نعتذر انتهى التقديم لهذه الوظيفة