مساعد النقل - الفاشر Transport Assistant | منظمة UNITAMS
|مساعد النقل - الفاشر Transport Assistant | منظمة UNITAMS|
نرجو التركيز على الكلام المكتوب بالاحمر
United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
- Vacancy No. UNITAMS-JO-El Fasher-2023-153
- Post Title Transport Assistant
- Level GS-4 (Fixed-Term)
- Organizational Unit Mission Support in El Fasher (Darfur Hub)/Service Delivery
- Location El Fasher
- Number of posts 01
- Issuing Date 14/3/2023
- Closing Date 28/3/2023
UNITAMS will only accept properly completed and signed Personal History Form (P.11) received before the closing date. Please submit your application on the attached P.11 ONLY. Other UN P.11 formats, incomplete P.11, CVs, and Resumes will not be accepted, nor will late submissions after the closing date.
The selected candidate will be expected to deploy in time to commence work as soon as
Applying to this job opening carries an expectation to accept the offer, if selected, subject to clearance of employment reference checks, security, and medical. The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. In this context, all staff is expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures. An impeccable record of integrity and professional ethical standards is essential.
This position is locally recruited and open for Sudanese nationals only.
UNITAMS will not provide accommodation to locally recruited staff.
UNITAMS is an equal employer for men and women. Female candidates are strongly
encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is located in the United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan (UNITAMS). The position is based in El Fasher; However, the successful candidate will be responsible to coordinate Transport operations in El-Fasher, Nyala,
El-Daein, El Geneina and Zalingei. The first reporting Officer will be the RAO for El Fasher, Nyala, & El-Daein, while the RAO for El Geneina and Zalingei will be additional reporting officers. The Chief Transport Officer (Khartoum) will be the second reporting
Responsibilities:Within the delegated authority, the Transport Assistant will be responsible for the
- Issues vehicles in accordance with the vehicles establishment committee (VEC) decisions and CTO (Chief of Transport) guidance.
- Enters data, updates, and verifies all information and records of UN-owned transport assets in the Field Assets
- Assists in the analyses of transportation requests, carries out route planning, and reconnaissance, and establishes regular shuttle bus services and service schedules.
- Coordinates the provision of ad-hoc transportation requirements.
- Prepares driver rosters and ensures the constant availability of stand-by and driver-s for emergency assignments.
- Assists in the selection and recruitment of dispatch drivers.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of UN-owned vehicles in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s standards for automotive electric systems including EVMS, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, braking systems (including
- ABS system) and bodywork and painting, using UNOE workshops and/or contracted services for maintenance and repair.
- Supervises diagnostic and fault finding, quality control/assurance, road testing, and vehicle recovery.
- Maintains files and documentation related to transport requests and assigned duties and prepares reports for supervisors.
- Updates and maintains a detailed database of vehicle usage summaries and statistics as may be required.
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding transport services and transport facilities available to mission personnel.
- Provides transport-related briefings to incoming personnel at check-in.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education:Completion of a High school diploma or equivalent is required. Valid driving
license is required (category B&C).
Post-secondary technical or vocational qualification in relevant field as well as
experience or nationally recognized driver-testing qualification and certificate in driving
armored vehicles are desirable.
A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible
experience in motor vehicle transport operations is required. Experience as a driver
with a safe driving record in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles,
armored vehicles, sedans, heavy and light 4x4 sports utility vehicles (SUVs),
ambulances and pick-up trucks, cargo, and passenger vans.
Experience in other UN Missions or AFPs desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations
Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Fluency in
Arabic is required. knowledge of other languages is desirable.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism:Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and
mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments,
observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professionalism rather than
personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
remains calm in stressful situations.
TeamworkWorks collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from
others; places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance
with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own
positions; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for
Client OrientationConsiders all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
AssessmentEvaluation of qualified candidates may include a written assessment followed by a
APPLICATION PROCESS:Applicants must accurately complete, update, sign, and date the attached United Nations Personal History form (P.11 ONLY and forward the duly completed signed P.11 by e-mail to:
ملاحظة مهمة من فريق فرصة للوظائف:
يجب تحميل فورم P.11 وملئها وارسالها للايميل اعلاه
تحميل الفوم من هنا ⏪: تحميل الفورم
اذا لم تستطيع تحميلها ارسل كلمة "فورم" لرقمنا عبر الواتساب : 0927066925
Applicants should COPY UNITAMS-JO-El Fasher-2023-153–Transport
Assistant in the SUBJECT line of the email when submitting their signed P.11 form. UNITAMS will not consider any applications which are not received directly in the VA mailbox. Other UN P.11 formats and incomplete P.11 will not be accepted.
Please note that any information provided on the P.11 form will be considered binding.
The selected candidates will be subject to reference checks to verify the accuracy of the information provided in the P.11 form.
Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgment within two weeks from the deadline indicated on the VA.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
United Nations Considerations:
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). The United
Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS.