مساعد النقل - الخرطوم Transport Assistant | منظمة UNITAMS
|مساعد النقل - الخرطوم Transport Assistant | منظمة UNITAMS|
نرجو التركيز على الكلام المكتوب بالاحمر
United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Vacancy No. UNITAMS-JO-KHARTOUM-2023-152
Post Title Transport Assistant
Level GS-5 (Fixed-Term)
Organizational Unit Office of the Chief of Unit/Section, Transport
Location Khartoum HQ
Number of posts 01
Issuing Date 14/3/2023
Closing Date 28/3/2023
UNITAMS will only accept properly completed and signed Personal History Form (P.11) received before the closing date. Please submit your application on the attached P.11 ONLY. Other UN P.11 formats, incomplete P.11, CV, and Resume will not be accepted, nor will late submissions after the closing date.
The selected candidate will be expected to deploy in time to commence work as soon as possible.
Applying to this job opening carries an expectation to accept the offer, if selected, subject to clearance of employment reference checks, security, and medical. The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance in its staff.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. In this context, all staff is expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures. An impeccable record of integrity and professional ethical standards is essential.
This position is locally recruited and open for Sudanese nationals only.
UNITAMS will not provide accommodation to locally recruited staff.
UNITAMS is an equal employer for men and women. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is located in the United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan (UNITAMS). The position is based in Khartoum and is located in the Office of the Chief of Unit/Section, Transport. The incumbent will report to the Chief of Surface Transport Services.
- Within the delegated authority, the Transport Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Issues vehicles in accordance with vehicles establishment committee (VEC) decisions and CTO (Chief of Transport) guidance.
- Enters data, updates, and verifies all information and records of UN-owned transport assets in the Field Assets
- Ensures that monthly trip tickets and Electronic Vehicle Monitoring System (EVMS) statistics of the mission vehicle fleet are processed in accordance with the established guidelines.
- Control System (Carlog), Business Intelligence Reports (BI), Umoja.
- Monitors monthly mileage and fuel consumption reports and ensures fuel management software packages are accurate and up to date.
- Oversees the implementation of the Driving Test Program within the mission and monitors that regional field mission staff are issued with UN driving permits to ensure that all vehicle users have minimum driving skills and understand host country road rules and regulations.
- Provides transportation briefings to incoming personnel at the check-in and ensures that driving test assessments are conducted for UN personnel and databases to monitor the Mission personnel in possession of UN driving permits are maintained.
- Maintains complete records and documents of all related transactions and entries.
- Assists in processing write-off requests for vehicles and equipment.
- Generates complete and up-to-date inventory reports.
- Generates correspondence and relevant status reports/technical reports as required.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Active Road Accident Prevention and Road Safety Programs for the mission.
- Supervises diagnostic and fault finding, quality control/assurance, road testing, and vehicle recovery.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of UN-owned vehicles in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s standards for the automotive electric systems including EVMS, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, braking systems (including ABS system), and bodywork and painting, using UNOE workshops and/or contracted services for maintenance and repair.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A valid driving license and certificate of safe driving record is required.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in transport operations management.
- Experience managing a fleet of vehicles is required.
- Experience in the implementation of Road Safety Programs is desirable.
- Experience in operating Electronic Vehicle Monitoring System (EVMS) is desirable.
- Experience in other UN Missions or AFPs desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Fluency in Arabic is required.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and
- mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments,
- observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professionalism rather than
- personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- remains calm in stressful situations.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own positions; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them with appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a written assessment followed by a competency-based interview.
Applicants must accurately complete, update, sign, and date the attached United Nations Personal History form (P.11 ONLY and forward the duly completed signed P.11 by e-mail to:
ملاحظة مهمة من فريق فرصة للوظائف:
يجب تحميل فورم P.11 وملئها وارسالها للايميل اعلاه
تحميل الفوم من هنا ⏪: تحميل الفورم
اذا لم تستطيع تحميلها ارسل كلمة "فورم" لرقمنا عبر الواتساب : 0927066925
Applicants should COPY UNITAMS-JO-KHARTOUM-2023-152 – Transport Assistant in the SUBJECT line of the email when submitting their signed P.11 form. UNITAMS will not consider any applications which are not received directly in the VA mailbox. Other UN P.11 formats and incomplete P.11 will not be accepted.
Please note that any information provided on the P.11 form will be considered binding.
The selected candidates will be subject to reference checks to verify the accuracy of the information provided in the P.11 form.
Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgment within two weeks from the deadline indicated on the VA.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
United Nations Considerations:
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH
INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS.