مساعد ضابط التقارير بالقضارف Associate Reporting Officer | منظمة UNHCR
|مساعد ضابط التقارير بالقضارف Associate Reporting Officer | منظمة UNHCR|
Associate Reporting Officer
El Gedaref, Sudan
Posted 2 Days Ago
job requisition id
E (most hardship)
Non-Family with Residential Location
Non-Family with Residential Location
Residential location (if applicable)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
April 20, 2023
Standard Job DescriptionAssociate Reporting Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Communications or Donor Relations Officer, the Associate Reporting Officer contributes to the production, editing, and quality control of reports for his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR). By systematization and sharing of accurate and timely information, the incumbent promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNHCR.
S/he establishes close contacts with all UNHCR sections in the AOR to gather and analyze information. S/he maintains effective professional relationships with a wide variety of donors, operational and implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders to gather, analyze and disseminate information about the activities of UNHCR and its partners.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR's core values of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Draft regular daily, weekly, and monthly updates for internal and external audiences (including donors and media).
- Consolidate and analyze data on program implementation, achievements, and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure the timeliness of such reports.
- Participate in annual reporting and planning process.
- Work closely with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
- Support the monitoring of UNHCR¿s partnerships and consolidate information about Partners¿ activities.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donors. Assist in providing visibility for donors¿ contributions to UNHCR.
- Research/analyze, interpret, and also, monitor and review information and data from a regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Provide technical support, training, and clarification on UNHCR¿s reporting policies and deadlines.
- May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft, and edit stories for external communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact-checking, proofreading, and quality control.
- Support UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through the provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB - 3 years relevant experience with an Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with a Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with a Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Journalism; Public Administration; Communication; International relations; Political Science; Law;or another relevant field.
Relevant Job Experience
Experience in conducting, participating in, and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports. Experience in program/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
Experience in a field mission and at Headquarters / in the UN Common System and country context. Experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development, or journalism. Donor relations or liaison with media.
- Functional Skills
- PG-UNHCR's Programmes
- IT-Computer Literacy
- DM-Data collection methodologies
- CO-Strategic Communication
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speak up and seek guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting, and selection of candidates.
Proven experience in conducting, participating in, and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports. Must have excellent drafting and communication skills. Experience in program/project development, planning, and/or monitoring. Proven experience in production, editing, and quality control of reports/stories for external audiences. Should be proactive and of mature attitude. Ability to organize donor field missions, and create good relations or liaisons with media.
قدم الان لهذه الوظيفة
نعتذر انتهى التقديم لهذه الوظيفة.