ضابط ميداني بالفضارف Field Officer | منظمة UNHCR
|ضابط ميداني بالفضارف Field Officer | منظمة UNHCR|
El Gedaref, Sudan
Posted 4 Days Ago
job requisition id
E (most hardship)
Non-Family with Residential Location
Non-Family with Residential Location
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
April 20, 2023
Standard Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Field Officer is normally supervised by the Snr Field Coordinator or Head of Sub-Office/Field Office depending on the structure of the Office. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/regional program (s). UNHCR Manual, program and protection objectives, Operations Plans, and UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent.
The incumbent normally supervises some support staff and may supervise lower-grade professional staff. S/he has daily contact with staff in the various field offices and with the functional units at the Country/Regional Office. S/he also has close liaison with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Prepare project proposals; draw up a plan of operation for implementation, including institutional arrangements for budgets.
- Assess refugee needs in the various fields of assistance and make recommendations for the establishment of projects, adjustment or discontinuation of existing projects and advise the Head of Office accordingly.
- Closely monitor the implementation of projects under the geographical area of responsibility and ensure the provisions under the agreements signed with the implementing partners are being adhered to.
- Regularly prepare written reports on the implementation of projects and the situation in the sites.
- Maintain good working relations with local government officials, implementing partners, and other agencies in the area.
- Report immediately on any security problems that may occur affecting the program, beneficiaries, and the smooth running of the operation.
- Provide assistance to UNHCR Technical advisers and consultants as well as visitors visiting project sites.
- Represent UNHCR in the Field
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners, and populations of concern.
- Approve expenditures within the DOAP.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum QualificationsEducation & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3/NOC - 6 years relevant experience with an Undergraduate degree; 5 years relevant experience with a Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with a Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Law, Political Sciences, or another relevant field.
Relevant Job Experience
- Knowledge of refugee law.
Good knowledge of UNHCR¿s programs.
- Functional Skills
- Language Requirements
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, supporting ongoing dialogue on these matters, and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting, and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Experience in complex emergency operations and returns with a multitude of actors.
- Strong background in field protection, with a preference for camp management and programming.
- Knowledge of refugee protection principles and framework.
- Experience in leading multi-sectorial coordination mechanisms and task forces.
- Experience in UNHCR program cycle, multi-functional team assessments, and project management. Good working relations with local government officials, partners, refugees, and host communities. Good reporting and negotiating skills.
قدم الان لهذه الوظيفة
نعتذر انتهى التقديم لهذه الوظيفة.