مساعد تكنولوجيا المعلومات بكسلا IT Assistant | منظمة UNHCR
|مساعد تكنولوجيا المعلومات بكسلا IT Assistant | منظمة UNHCR|
job requisition id
E (most hardship)
Non-Family with Residential Location
Non-Family with Residential Location
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
April 16, 2023
Standard Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The IT Assistant works under the direct supervision of a Senior Officer and the technical supervision of an IT Officer at the sub-, branch office, or regional level. S/he has working relationships with UNHCR staff members in the office and other offices within the country as well as with staff of UN agencies and other UNHCR partners to exchange information and to provide assistance.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, and Switches, Patch panels, Access points, to prevent faults from occurring.
- Ensure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Assist with the installation of the software packages, and basic repair/maintenance of computer hardware and telecom equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on the email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, and telephone system. Radio communication training to new IP staff and package police in the field.
- Distribute incoming cables, messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions.
- Add and remove users from the Networks.
- Maintain the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- May attend telephone calls and keep records of such calls.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- Decide on an appropriate resolution to incidents.
- Escalate incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum QualificationsEducation & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
1-year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Telecommunications; Information Technology;
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, supporting ongoing dialogue on these matters, and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting, and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate ProfileRelevant work experience in ICT with the UN and International Humanitarian Organizations;
Experience in field support in remote locations and ability to provide appropriate resolution to incidents, helpdesk, troubleshooting, monitoring infrastructure network, and general technical support for staff. Experience in Telecommunications equipment such as HF/VHF radios programming and installation is highly desirable. Experience in Assets Management is desirable. Knowledge of the local context
قدم الان لهذه الوظيفة
نعتذر انتهى التقديم لهذه الوظيفة.