موظف الخدمة العامة Clerk General Service | مفوضية شؤون اللاجئين UNHCR
|موظف الخدمة العامة Clerk General Service | مفوضية شؤون اللاجئين UNHCR
E (most hardship)
Non-Family with Residential Location
Non-Family with Residential Location Danger Pay
Residential location (if applicable)
Nairobi (CO), Kenya
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
December 16, 2023
Standard Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Clerk provides clerical and administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or the Office as a whole. The incumbent is normally supervised by an Officer or Associate. S/he receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on procedural aspects of the work. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable for performing their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Provide general clerical support to the work unit and, if required, visiting staff members.
- Maintain the records in the work unit, and create files for correspondence, and reports, including confidential files.
- Manage conference room booking and ensure that the facilities are well arranged and prepared with adequate supply to cover a number of intended guests.
- Maintain a proper record and inventory of stationery items in the work unit and ensure a well-stocked office.
- Sort and prioritize incoming correspondence, reports, etc., and direct to other responsible staff members where necessary.
- Arrange and forward records for archiving and maintain records of files sent for archiving.
- Maintain a calendar of appointments and schedules of meetings and travel for the supervisor, perform such clerical tasks as the completion of travel authorization requests, stationery request forms, etc.
- May be required to prepare drivers¿ work schedules and maintain shift systems.
- May be required to organize and maintain mail delivery (Pouch) and tracking system between offices.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision-making is based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues, and concerns to a supervisor or to a relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G3- 1 year relevant experience with a High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and the UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, supporting ongoing dialogue on these matters, and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting, and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
Accountability, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- A written test (eliminatory or complementary) and oral interviews may be administered for shortlisted candidates.
This position doesn't require a functional clearance