مساعد أول برنامج Senior Programme Assistant | المنظمة الدولية للهجرة IOM
Position Title : Senior Programme Assistant (WASH & Basic Infrastructure)
Duty Station : Diffra, Abyei, Sudan
Classification : G6
Type of Appointment : One-year fixed term with possibility of extension.
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 13, 2023
Reference Code : VN 03 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and
works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated
to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and
advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Sudan has been granted support from the Sudan Humanitarian Fund (SHF) to deliver humanitarian WASH and health interventions in northern Abyei. IOM Sudan is also preparing other humanitarian and resilience-building projects in collaboration with UN agencies and local partners in Abyei with a focus on WASH, health, livelihoods and peacebuilding activities IOM is now looking for a senior WASH programme assistant to support the design, implementation and monitoring of the WASH components. Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Humanitarian Response & Transition), the direct supervision of Head of Sub-Office (Abyei) and in close technical coordination with Project Officer (WASH & Basic Infrastructure), the incumbent will be responsible for the tasks outlined below.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Follow up all technical assessments and analyse the data collected towards the implementation of basic infrastructure community projects in the water, sanitation, education and health fields.
- Assist in design of WASH & basic infrastructure community projects and prepare cost estimates for new reintegration/basic infrastructure community projects.
- Elaborate community-level information to assist in writing project concepts and submit to the country Project Officer (WASH & Basic infrastructure)
- Support in daily monitoring and evaluating all basic infrastructure projects that IOM is directly implementing in Diffra and surrounding areas. Identify issues and deviations and suggest and initiate remedial actions.
- Assist in preparing final bidding documentation for tender processes. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Regularly monitor all basic infrastructure projects in progress and provide weekly updated summary to the country WASH & Basic Infrastructure Officer in accordance with IOM Monitoring Tools.
- Organize and participate in the “selection of bidders” process.
- Analyse and file the daily field reports, daily drilling reports, analyse the reports and discuss matters that need attention with the country WASH & Basic Infrastructure Project Officer while keeping head of office informed.
- Have a detailed knowledge of every project in progress at Diffra and keep track of the implementation process.
- Verify that all authorizations, field officers reports and the likes have been received and filed on the project file and online platforms.
- Assist in following up with field offices to ensure that projects are completed to a satisfactory standard before final payment is authorized.
- Assess WASH needs and draft possible intervention list and priorities for the areas where IOM offices are not yet operating, according to IOM strategies and regional WASH-BI Project Officer planning.
- Bring to the attention of the Diffra head of office and country WASH &BI Officer any projects which are not meeting timelines or where quality standards are not being met.
- Ensure close coordination and collaboration with other teams within the HRT (Shelter/NFI, Health and Recovery, Resilience & Peacebuilding)
- Consider conflict dynamics in the design, implementation and monitoring of interventions and promote conflict sensitive approach across all of IOM’s activities in Abyei.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited academic institution is an advantage.
- Being a registered engineer in Sudan is an advantage.
- At least Three years of experience in humanitarian/development programs.
- Work experience in logistic/ operation and return projects an advantage.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of economic and social development.
- Familiarity with the UN system in Sudan.
English and Arabic is Required.
- Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units t achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
- Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email:
13, 2023, at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 30.01.2023 to 13.02.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing,
training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.