Senior Internal Control Officer | وظائف بنك قطر الوطني Qatar National Bank
|Senior Internal Control Officer | وظائف بنك قطر الوطني Qatar National Bank|
Senior Internal Control Officer
Business Unit: QNB - Sudan
Division: International Banking
Department: International Banking
- Established in 1964 as the country’s first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
- QNB Group’s presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
- QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest-rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor’s (A), Moody’s (Aa3), and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialized financial publications.
- Based on the Group’s consistently strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
- QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational, and sporting events.
- You will facilitate and assist business management by conducting evaluations of the Bank to assess risk and compliance with regulations so as to ensure that the bank operates in accordance with (a) all regulatory and legal requirements and (b) all Group standards of conduct. This Position forms an integral part of the Banks 2nd Line of Defense. You will also be performing regular and comprehensive compliance and internal control risk assessments and testing according to the approved compliance & internal control review plan. The incumbent will be required to report on a regular basis on compliance and internal control matters, identified breaches, and corrective actions taken, as applicable.
- Under the direction of the Head of Compliance, draft the Scope of Internal Control oversight as part of the annual plan and adhere to the plan by performing reviews and following up on outstanding actions. The incumbent will support & promote a strong internal control and compliance culture throughout the Branch through their actions. They are responsible for assisting by managing (on a pro-active basis) the internal control activities with the purpose of identifying and assessing the associated risks with the business activities, especially those related to regulatory and statutory requirements until resolved.
- Monitor action taken on Central Banks inspectors’ recommendations to ensure effective implementation.
- Monitor adherence of business and support management to Central Bank/ Legal Authority regulations and statutory requirements.
- Oversee the standard of accounting and financial information, in particular the conditions under which such information is registered, retained, and disclosed.
- Oversee global risk management by setting and ensuring the cohesion and efficiency of ongoing control procedures throughout the entire branch.
- Review new and amendments made to relevant policies, and procedures, from an internal control point of view.
- Prepare and implement the annual internal control review plan.
- University graduate in any suitable discipline; business school preferred seasoned with sound/ typical 4-6 Years of experience in control/audit procedures and knowledge of compliance in a banking institution or regulatory agency preferably in an internal audit function.
- A professional qualification such as CCO/CPA/CIA/CA etc. is advantageous.
Required Special Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills (incl. report writing) in English. Depending on each country's requirements, Arabic or French may be required.
- Good Knowledge in the following areas; Banking and IT applications.
- Current regulations and financial instruments.
- Bank accounting procedures
- Banking products and services.
- Regulatory and tax matters.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
قدم الان لهذه الوظيفة
نعتذر انتهى التقديم لهذه الوظيفة