|سائقين بالدمازين Driver | المنظمة الدولية للهجرة IOM
Position Title :
Duty Station : Damazine, Sudan
Classification : G2
Type of Appointment : Special Short-term graded contract, Nine months with
possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 23, 2023.
Reference Code : SVN 05 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the
leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane
and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to
governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Coordinator and direct Programme Engineer
in el - Damazin the driver is responsible for the following Functions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Drive IOM office vehicle(s).
2. Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness
of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt &
registration Documents etc.
3. Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
4. Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
5. Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips.
6. Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
7. Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorised business, as advised
by the supervisor.
8. Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarising statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
9. Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves
IOM and its officials.
10. Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or
property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
11. Collect and delivers mail / documents as assigned.
12. Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving)
are taken in case of involvement in accident.
13. Ensure that any non-staff members in the vehicle sign a waiver.
14. Perform any other duties that the supervisor may assign.
Required Qualifications and Experience
High secondary school.
1. Two years working experience in similar assignments.
2. Initiative and ability to work as a team with self-organizing skills with sense of working independently and thoroughly.
3. Excellent knowledge of the English language, good writing skills.
Fluency in English and Arabic is Required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a
manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across
units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and
timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and
assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to
• IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS
• This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and
work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
• Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing
date February 23, 2023. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email:
by 23.02.2023, at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 09.02.2023 to 23.02.2023